Demonstate proficiency in English
Candidates must have sat the academic version of the IELTs and can demonstrate a score of at least 7.0 in each area and an overall score 7.5.
The result is valid for 2 years and must be in date by the time PLAB 1 is attempted.
Pass the PLAB 1 course
Our students recieve acces to a 4 month access to an online bank of questions to support the PLAB 1 multiple choice format.
PLAB 1 examinations can be taken locally (if available) at your nearest centre, or in the UK.
Pass the PLAB 2 course
We supply a residential 2 week course with intensive PLAB 2 training delivered by experienced UK- trained Doctors at the Crewe Apollo-Buckingham Health Campus.
Seek out and obtain employment as a Doctor in the UK
Employment placement within the UK as a Doctor within a range of settings.
Ongoing Post Graduate application Support
Free postgraduate courses on how to access specialty training for professional development.
Format of the PLAB 2 training course
The course will prepare candidates for the full range of topics and skills required for the examination, based on the PLAB Blueprint and Foundation Year two curriculum. We have designed a very wide range of clinical scenarios that help prepare candidates and we particularly focus on ensuring indivuidualised feedback to maximise success within the PLAB 2 examination.
All candidates are given pre-course material to study and familiarise themselves with prior to attending the course to obtain maximal benefit from the 2-week residential course.
The topics covered can be summarised as:
- Full briefing on the PLAB 2 examination & what happens on the day of the exam
- Communication Skills
- U.K Medical ethics in the U.K and their application in the exam
- Challenging consultations: The angry patient/upset patient, confidentiality
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine
- General Surgery
- Ear Nose and Throat Medicine
- Emergency Medicine & Management of Unwell Patient
- Urology and renal medicine
- Genitourinary Medicine
- How to deal with Clinical uncertainty
- Case Studies with ethical and legal considerations
- Practical and procedural skills
The course also contains 2 mock examinations for all candidates.